Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Should I apply eyeshadow over my entire lid even though there is a large distance between my lid and eyebrows?

For example... some peoples eyebrows are almost right over their eye, but my eyebrows are probably more than an inch above my lids... In makeup tutorials they apply eyeshadow from the lid to just underneath the eyebrow, but I feel like it is too much for me... should I follow the tutorials or stop below the brow bone???Should I apply eyeshadow over my entire lid even though there is a large distance between my lid and eyebrows?
youre supposed to just do your lid.


you can highlight your brow bone if you wantShould I apply eyeshadow over my entire lid even though there is a large distance between my lid and eyebrows?
Yes, but don't apply colour to the brow bone if you don't like it. Use neutral colours under your lid colour and up to your brow bone. Your eyeshadow primer should cover your entire lid, including up to your brow. Try Urban Decay Primer Potion (my fave) or Too Faced Shadow Insurance. After that, it depends on the colours you are using. If you are working with naturals that are your skin tone, work a medium colour all over, with a darker colour in your crease or outer two thirds of the lid only, and apply a lighter colour to your brow bone. If you are working with colour, apply your colour to your lid and crease as you would, and highlight your brow bone with a soft light colour or a cream/neutral/pearl/white. Always blend the lid colour well into the highlight or blend well into the crease colour and then into the highlight so there are no harsh lines.





You are lucky to have high eyebrows, your makeup will look more effective and you have a broader canvas. I'd love to have higher eyebrows, crease colours can be so much more dramatic without having a fear of being too close to the brow, which gives panda eyes.





Having said everything I have, the best thing you can do is play around with it. Sit in front of a mirror with some good quality brushes (they don't have to be expensive!), some cotton wool pads and makeup remover, a series of neutral colours and a series of colours (in family. Eg. If you're using blues, use a mid blue for the lid colour, a dark blue for the crease or outer corners and an iceblue or white as a highlight and for the inner corner) and play around. Try applying it in every way you can think of, until you find what you think looks best on you.
I have big eyes and high eyebrows too. If I want to be quick, I wear one dark or dark-ish color up to my crease, then I use a light shimmery color from the crease to the brow bone. Or you can pick three colors, do the medium one on your lid to the crease, then the darkest one in the crease from about the middle of your eye to the outer corner and then the lightest one from above your crease to your eyebrow. You can also use the lightest color in the inner corner of your eyelid to make your eyes look bigger and brighter and the crease color (or one even darker in the same color family) in the outer corner. Make sure you blend well!
If you want to apply it over the whole eyelid, you should start off with a colour similar to your skintone and use that as your base. Then blend in the colour you want to stand out, and make it fade.





http://www.alltollz.org/images/stories/P鈥?/a>
I'm the same way! I just put my lid color only on my lid and my crease color I put just on the brow bone :)
the only colour that belongs under ur eyebrow is the highlight colour


other than that, just make sure everything is blended well and follow what u usually do

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin whitening shareware